Friday 14 September 2007

Same old,Same old!!

Well my 1st night of action so here goes!! I have decided to play very low stakes sit and gos for a while to get some practice on Ladbrokes. The 1st game is a 10 player huge $2 buy in!! I play very few hands early doors,happy to see the standard of play,i win small with a few hands then the turn gives me the nut flush but this time no one wants to call my bet for a change!! A few hands later and its QQ,lovely!! 2nd to act i lump on 4x the BB,matey next to me calls and only him and me see the J high flop.I bet over the pot and he goes all in,i have to call and of course they have got KK! Thats me shorter than Danny Devito!,99 2 hands later and all in for me!! A10 for matey and an A on the flop and i'm out in 7th!! I know its only $2 tables but its just like play money,people call any opening bet with sweet f.a. and hope the flop helps them!
2nd game very similar,again i get QQ,try to thin the field with a half my stack bet,get 1 caller who has to go all in but cant improve his 33!! Then i get AJ suited UTG,I raise 5x BB and get 5 callers!! I throw in a big continuation bet on a K57 flop and 2 people go all in! I muck, then see a set of 5's beat KK with an 8 kicker,some plum called a big bet and an all in holding K8! God,this should be fun!!! Another $2 game goes Pete Tong so for my last 1 i decide to up the stakes to a massive $5 10 player pays 5 equal game. Bingo Bango!! A fairly good run of cards and some terrible play from others and i'm chip leader with only 2 to get rid of,every one else tightens up far to much and smoothplz (my screen name) personally takes the last 2 scalps for my 1st return - a wallet busting $10 back!! Great fun tonight,the standard of play is pretty dire and i hope i can win a few small stake games,slowly increase my buy in amounts,keep improving my game and who knows where i could end up!! Adios amigos.

No comments: